THE KENT INSTITUTE is a private school of English for young learners, teenagers and adults of all levels. It is situated near the University area and has two centres close by in Avenida Blasco Ibáñez, one of the main avenues in Valencia. It was founded in 1994 by Mike Camarasa and Catherine Legendre, the current principals, both qualified teachers in TEFL with more than 25 years of teaching experience in Spain and abroad.
The Kent Institute has established a reputation in Valencia as a top quality private language school which provides high teaching standards along with a friendly working atmosphere in the classroom. We teach English to over 400 students, with the vast majority of them staying in the school for many years. In an international environment which places more and more emphasis on communication in spoken English, as a Cambridge Examinations Preparation Centre we recognize the need for students to speak English for their studies and their future careers at home and overseas.
Join Kent Team.
We are recruiting qualified experienced EFL teachers with an outgoing personality, interested in working in a professional and friendly atmosphere. Applicants should have a sincere desire to improve their teaching skills by working in a sharing and learning environment.
The vacancies are from Monday to Friday evenings, teaching a wide range of ages and levels. Lessons are aimed to encourage students to improve the four basic language skills: listening; speaking; reading; and writing with a strong emphasis on communication. Typical tasks that should be carried out include:
- preparing and presenting lesson plans in the weekly teachers´meeting
- classroom management
- preparing and setting examination paper
- marking and providing appropriate feedback on written exam
- preparing students for Cambridge Examinations
We offer excellent working conditions:
- A professional working atmosphere
- Teacher support in lesson planning and classroom management
- Objectives clearly set at the beginning of each term
- Group of 12 students maximum strictly classified according to age and level
- Classroom materials and resource library for teachers
- Air-conditioned classrooms
- A nine month renewable contract with social security. (From October to June)
- Up to 20 teaching hours per week
- Teaching timetable from Monday to Thursday or Friday, in the evenings
- Teaching groups of young learners, teenagers and adults; Some teachers might only teach teenagers and adults.
- Cambridge exams preparation. (Young Learners, KET, PET, FCE, CAE and CPE)
- Work contract and medical cover
- A competitive salary, as well as paid Christmas, Easter, local and national holidays
- The opportunity to gain experience in a high standard English language teaching school
- EU passport holder
- Native or bilingual speakers with high proficiency in the use of the English language
- Education to degree level or equivalent qualification, preferably related to languages
- Certificate level TEFL qualification (CELTA or TESOL)
- At least two years’ post EFL qualification fulltime relevant TEFL experience. Please include details of contact information for up to two professional referees, including your current or most recent employer
- Good command of Spanish. (B2 level)
- Dynamic applicant, eager to work with all ages
- Commitment to a nine month contract
As well as having the relevant qualifications, candidates will need to show evidence of the following:
- a friendly and confident manner
- good planning and organisation skills
- flexibility and an adaptable teaching style
- creative skills and ideas for planning practical and interesting lessons
- excellent spoken and written communication skills
- tolerance and patience
On your CV we ask you to give details of the following:
- Biographical information regarding age, nationality, gender and marital status.
- Details of your qualifications and graduation dates.
- A photo.
- Details of your employment history in chronological order.
- Contact information for up to two professional referees, including your current or most recent employer.
- A statement in support of your application, specifying how your professional achievements and experience match the requirements of the job.
Please send application to email@example.com
For further information about our school find us on Facebook.